"Once you learn to fly-fish, you'll never use a spinning rod again!"
Introducing David Hulsey - Fly-Fisherman Extroidinaire
David has seriously fly fished for over 40 years. He has pursued both fresh and saltwater species with a fly all over North America and has been a full time fly fishing guide and instructor for 20 years. He has guided in Georgia, North Carolina, and Wyoming. He is a year 2000 graduate of the Joan Wulff Fly Casting Instructors School, an International Federation of Fly Fishers Master Certified Fly Casting
Instructor and currently the Fly Fishing Manager and Fly Tying Instructor at Flint Creek Outfitters in Ocala Florida, also a published outdoor writer and photographer. Clearly, the ladies were in good hands!
Let's Talk About Rods
Okay, Now Let's Talk About Reels
Well What About Line...Let's Talk About Line
Let's Talk About Line Some More....
And Let's Just Keep Talking About Line
Surprise - Now We'll Talk About Knots
- arbor knot - reel to backline
- perfection loop / nail knot - backline to fly line
- loop to loop connection - fly line to leader line
- barrel knot / triple surgeon's knot - leader to tippet
- Orvis knot / davy knot / improved clinch knot - tippet to fly